Broward Quilt Expo 2021
Visit us at www.browardquiltexpo.com
Broward Quilt Expo - 2021 - A new beginning
A new venue
* Charles F Dodge City Center
601 SW City Center Blvd.
Pembroke Pines, FL 33025
A new month - rescheduled due to coronavirus
* October 22 - 24th, 2021
Friday night - Awards Ceremony/Lecture - Mezzanine
Saturday & Sunday - Quilt Expo - Main Hall
The Challenge is on !!!!!
Challenge Quilt Design Guidelines -Elements – Earth, Wind, Fire & Water
There are no fabric requirements for this challenge – use one element or all, or any combination of the four, but there are some rules:
1. Size can be any combination of a length and width with the perimeter totaling NO MORE than 144 inches.
2. Orientation can be either portrait or landscape.
3. The entry must be a standard quilt with three layers, and quilted –creative finishing is allowed.
4. There must be a 4” sleeve for hanging and a label on the back of the quilt.
5. The BQE Challenge is open to any member of the seven (7) BQE Participating member Quilt Guilds: Coral Springs, East Sunrise, Quilting in the Pines, Southern Stars, South Florida Modern, Ocean Waves and West Broward. There is no entry fee.
6. Only one entry per person. Use the regular BQE quilt entry form for your challenge quilt.
7. Information for your challenge quilt entry delivery to the show will be the same as for all BQE quilts.
Quilts will be judged on theme interpretation, construction and overall appearance. Cash prizes will be awarded. Challenge quilts are also eligible for the Viewer’s Choice Award.
Get it Quilted >>>>>
Due to postponement of Expo the new dates for the raffle are.....
ticket sales begin June 1, 2021
drawing October 1, 2021
quilt to BQE long-armer by October 15, 2021
quilting to be done during the show on Saturday and Sunday
BQE 2021 Lecture and Workshops Schedule
Maria Shell - Asymmetrical Symmetry - full day
Friday night lecture -
Maribeth Schmidt - Entering your quilts in shows: What a judge sees
Classroom 1 - Maria Shell - Color is Relative - half day
Maria Shell - Art Applique - half day
Classroom 2 - Linda Hungerford - Domestic machine quilting – full day
Classroom 3 - Maribeth Schmidt - Fantastic Finishes - full day
Classroom 4 - Joe Cunningham - Creative Design
Classroom 1 - Nicole Kaplan - Tiny Piecing - half day
Classroom 2 - Debbie K - Liberated Houses - half day
Classroom 3 - Joe Cunningham - Rock the Block, Block Style - full day
Classroom 4 - open - to be decided
connections to websites -
Maria Shell - https://mariashell.com/classes/
Maribeth Schmidt - http://www.wiquiltjudge.com/
Joe Cunningham - http://www.joethequilter.com/
Quilt entry category - EXHIBIT ONLY - back
Entry fee $10
Your quilt will not be judged but will be hung in the show. All quilts entered as Exhibit Only may be offered for sale by the owner.
If sold, BQE will receive a 10% fee for the sale and collect sales tax from the purchaser. Sold quilts may be picked up by the purchaser on Monday October 25, 2021.